Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Meeting the Divine Half Way

Greetings and welcome.

It has been some time since my last post and I want to share a story with you that has had great impact on me. You may have heard this story before. I first heard it a few years ago, and it deeply touched my heart.

If you recognize the story at the onset, I ask you to keep reading. Be open to receive the message that is there for you, for we can hear the same story many times and receive new insights each time.

Here it is...

A heavy storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the river would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.


One man who lived alone heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God. If I am in danger, God will save me.”


As people were quickly evacuating, a neighbor came by and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car. Please come with us.” The man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”


The man stood on his porch...watching as the water rose up the steps. Deeper and deeper. A man in a row boat paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my boat. The waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No, thanks. God will save me.”


The flood waters rose higher and began pouring into his house and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police rescue motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”


The flood waters continued to rise higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.


A rescue helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue person came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man still refused. “No, thank you! God will save me!”


Shortly after, the house broke up and the flood waters swept it and the man away and he drowned.

He got to Heaven and asked God what happened and why he had forsaken him in his time of need when he had such faith. He told God that God had let him drown.

God replied, "My son, don’t you see? It was I who sent you two boats and a helicopter."



*****

The man was waiting for God's hand to scoop him up and rescue him. He could not see God’s hand in those mortal hands that offered help.

God rescues us all the time. It is our responsibility to see those miracles in the making.

You have to meet God half way.

You have to do your part. And that’s where service and Total GOLD (gratitude, obedience, loyalty and devotion to the Divine) come in. That's our part.


If we leave it all to God, what kind of character does that instill in us? The man was expecting God to do it all. He didn’t try to save himself. He was expecting more from God than he was willing to give of himself. In a way, he was testing God. He held a mind-set that it would work a certain way. It would look like this or that. Then he questioned why God failed to serve him in the way he thought he should have.

For me, this story sums up how so many of us choose live our lives. We have faith in God to take care of us, but we ignore so many signs and opportunities He sends our way.

We may think, why am I suffering, I have such faith…why is this happening to me?


Everything is a gift for our own awakening and expansion. We are always and in all ways being tended to in the most appropriate way in this moment.

I believe that the highest form of prayer is that of gratitude. This is so powerful. I pray the things I do will glorify the Divine and serve the Divine's will, not mine, rather than praying for this or that to fulfill my needs. You may find this practice to be very transforming also.


Starting today, do your best to be aware of the gifts that are being sent your way on a daily basis. Some of them may not look like gifts at all. They may not even feel like gifts. Become aware of how you respond to these opportunities. What is the message? You may wish to keep a simple journal.

Thank you for reading. I welcome you to leave a comment. Next time, we will do a practice to develop gratitude. Subscribe to my blog so you don't miss the blessings and practices. 

Until next time.

With love from my heart,
Master Elaine




8 comments:

  1. Master Elaine, you are absolutely right. We must do our share of the work. Thank you for this beautiful story and reminder. Love, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brenda,

      Thank you for your comment. I am sending you love and blessings.
      Master Elaine

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful post Master Elaine, I love this so much....it spoke so true to my heart and how this is becoming more increasingly evident for myself over the years and when I speak to others. Having gratitude and developing gratitude I believe is so essential for having a happy life and of course a key for the spiritual journey. Having just explored this yesterday at my Soul healing group, this is so beautiful and will repost it as you put it so simply and profoundly with the story. Thank you so much for this amazing teaching that will benefit a lot of souls cbd cbd cbd lylyly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lily, Thank you for taking the time to comment. Having a grateful heart can transform your life and soul journey. How wonderful you have shared the importance of gratitude with your group! Much love to you, Master Elaine

      Delete
  3. Great Blog, tytyty Master Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jenni, Thank you for your comment. We are all so blessed to receive these life transforming teachings. Much love, Master Elaine

      Delete
  4. Dear Master Elaine,
    Thank you for sharing this story...actually I've read it many, many years ago in a different language but I'm thrilled to 'see' how well & far it has been 'travelled' ever since!
    Yes, without any doubt there is a profound wisdom, which transcends any borders & limitations, and if one choses to follow it God unfolds an abundance of benefits upon.
    With love & gratitude, sincerely,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Alice, Thank you for your comment. I agree! Truth is simple and knows no boundaries. We are all blessed. Much love, Master Elaine

      Delete